May 3, 2012 Astana
On the 20th anniversary of the Armed Forces
of the Republic of Kazakhstan
On May 7th, 2012, during the Homeland Defender's Day, independent Kazakhstan marks the 20th anniversary of the Armed Forces.
This day represents the time record of heroic deeds and Kazakhstan’s continuing tradition of serving the Homeland.
For the past 20 years of developing its statehood, Kazakhstan has always paid special attention to strengthening national defense, building a modern and professional army.
The Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan have a high level of intensity training, quality mobilization reserve, a network of national military educational institutions and the necessary logistical support.
Our troops demonstrate an example of a high training, cohesion and combat skills.
Service in the Armed Forces has become an honorable duty of every citizen of Kazakhstan, a powerful moral school of patriotism, based on the heroic and martial traditions of the older generations.
On the eve of the 20th anniversary of the Armed Forces I would like to congratulate our respected veterans, military personnel, as well as all of Kazakhstan on this significant date in the history of our state.
I wish all the people of Kazakhstan peaceful sky over your head, prosperity and well-being and new achievements for the good of our country - the Republic of Kazakhstan.
To commemorate the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan
1. For the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan to present to the Parliament a draft law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On making amendments to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan " On Holidays in the Republic of Kazakhstan " and establishing a public holiday of the Republic of Kazakhstan on May 7th - the Day of Defender of Homeland.
2. To the Minister of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) to thank and encourage the personnel of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan for their contribution to strengthening national defense;
2) in a festive atmosphere bring the text of the order to all of the personnel of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3) on May 7th to produce fireworks in the cities of Astana and Almaty.
President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan